Thursday, 31st March 2022
Dear Parents / Caregivers,
All praises are due to Allah (سبحانه و تعالى), Peace and Blessings on our Prophet Muhammad (ﷺ), his family and companions.On behalf of the College, I would like to take this opportunity to wish all our parents, students, and staff Ramadan Mubarak.May Allah (سبحانه و تعالى) bestow His Mercy and Blessings upon us during this auspicious month, Ameen.
As you are aware Garden College has implemented a range of measures to mitigate the risk of the spread of COVID-19 in our community and we will continue to do all that we can to keep our community safe as per SA Health directives. As of 30th April 2022 (until further notice) the following COVID Management Plan will take into place at Garden College as per the SA Health Directive:
- In the event of five COVID-19 positive cases in a seven-day period in a single classroom, Garden College will inform parents/guardians of the number of cases in the class and implement the following:
- Staff and all students remaining in the class obtain an initial PCR test – the aim of this action is to actively find and remove infectious case/s from the classroom, while minimising disruption to learning and care.
- Notify us immediately if your child tests positive to COVID-19 via telephone 08 8285 3975 (Monday to Friday, 08:30 am – 4:00 pm)
- If a further 5 cases arise from the PCR tests, the school will implement a ‘circuit breaker’ where the class will be closed for 3 school days. The aim of this action is to reduce transmission by stopping students interacting in the classroom.
- If you or your child/ren happen to be a close contact of a positive case, please ensure that you adhere to the SA Health Directive (if unsure, please contact SA COVID-19 Information Line on 1800 253 787).
- As a Parent/Carer you should:
- keep your child/ren home if they are unwell or experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms (even if symptoms are mild)
- get your child tested (PCR) and isolate whilst waiting for the result
- notify us immediately if your child tests positive to COVID-19 via telephone 08 8285 3975 (Monday to Friday, 08:30 am – 4:00 pm)
- follow the directive of SA health with regard to the length of time to quarantine (for your household) – if unsure, please contact SA COVID-19 Information Line on 1800 253 787.
The school hours will change as of Monday 4th April to Tuesday 12th April to accommodate Ramadan. The school will commence at 9:05am and will conclude at 2:10pm (Elizabeth campus) & 2.35pm (Parafield campus). Parents are kindly advised to make the necessary arrangements to accommodate these changes.
Could parents who drop / pick up their children privately please ensure that you drop your children off by 9am and pick them up by 2:35pm. The staff and I would appreciate this immensely as we would value the extra time to prepare for our families for Iftar. There will be NO supervision of your children after this time.
Parent whose children catch the school bus please ensure that you are at your designated Zones/homes at least 1 hour prior to your usual drop-off times. It is imperative that you use the Live 360 App so that you can track the bus. Any delay at a Zone causes issues for all other parents (and students as they are fasting having already had a full school day).
Parents who have very young children are kindly advised that they should provide lunch (if the child is not fasting) as the canteen will be closed for the month of Ramadan.
LAST DAY OF TERM AND SCHOOL REPORTS
Alhumdulilah we have had such a productive term. I sincerely thank the staff and the students for their sterling efforts; pushing through amidst the challenges that presented. We conclude the term on Tuesday 12th April 2022. Your child’s report will be handed to them on the same day. Please ensure that you receive it from them.
PARENT-TEACHER INTERVIEWS – CANCELLED
In adhering to strict COVID protocols to keep both staff and parents safe; this terms face-to-face parent interviews have been cancelled. However, parents can request a 10-minute online Zoom meeting session with their child’s classroom / subject teacher to occur on the 13th of April between 10.00AM – 2.00PM. Please reach out to any teachers via Class DOJO, Google Classroom, or email if you would like to discuss your child’s progress this term. The respective teacher will confirm a time with you upon receipt of your notification.
TERM 2 – 2022
- The school will be closed for Eid-al-Fitr on Monday 2nd and Tuesday 3rd of May 2022
- Term 2 will commence on Wednesday 4th May 2022
SCHOOL PHOTO DAYS
MSP photography will be taking the school photos tomorrow Friday 1st April 2022 for High school and on Monday 4th April 2022 for Primary School. Could you please ensure your children are in their correct school uniform (No PE Uniform, torn pants, shorts, or sneakers).
Thank you so much to you all for your continued support. May Allah ( سبحانه و تعالى ) envelope us with His Mercy, Protection and Blessings, Ameen Yaa Rabb! I wish you an amazing Term break and a Blessed Ramadan, Ameen!
Dr Ahdielah Edries