Garden College offers a healthy and secure academic environment for students to excel and achieve their best with an emphasis on each student attaining excellence. Garden College students are held accountable for their learning, and regular feedback is provided to parents in the form of regular letters going home, phone calls, parent-teacher interviews and information nights.
The College provides a curriculum program for students, which is stimulating and hands-on. Garden College runs five period days with one hour periods. This allows students to have more hands-on time within the classroom, where active learning takes place.
The program provides:
- A nurturing and safe school environment where students become confident learners.
- Students exploration and encourage one another’s learning.
- A broad range of quality elective programs allowing students to take a personal interest in different areas of their learning.
- Emphasis on catering for the various learning styles of the students and developing a hands-on program where all students are engaged.
- An extensive co-curricular program to foster the development of the whole person.
- EALD and special needs programs to support those students in need.
Garden College offers many subjects in each year level and all core subjects are based on the Australian Curriculum. Academic competitions are constantly being offered such as Big Science Competition. Furthermore, committees, clubs and lunchtime activities are offered to students throughout the week. Moreover, Garden College gives students a chance to participate in different workshops offered by universities to improve their academic levels and extend their learning. Overall students are encouraged to achieve their best and become confident individuals.